Sunday, March 9, 2008

Incandescent



On the field I saw
Gamboling sheeps
But suddenly
The sky became engulfed
In an unfamiliar black
Howling winds
Like the call of wolves

Shaking trees
Threw their leaves out
To the animosity
Of the periphery
A different world it had become
Marauding demons will come

But see I did
In the middle of the field
An unused candle
Glow of the crimson wax
Drew me to it
The flame rose
In a mythical instant

Incandescent
Demons intimidated
Darkness overwhelmed
The winds don’t blow
But only if I stay within its glow

For six years it stood
With a wax that doesn’t melt
With a wick that doesn’t shorten
With a flame that never ceases
Warmth and comfort through me
But get too close to it
And it burns
Scorching flame it burns

The sky now
Swathed in darkness it no longer is
Howling winds are history
There comes the breeze
As gentle as rabbits
Rainbow it appears

But where was the flame
It went off
Did it matter
Beautiful sky I love
Chirping birds they greet
But where was the flame
It went off
Did it matter

For two months
Dormant candle it stood
But today
When I opened my eyes
I saw the flame
I saw the glow
I felt the warmth
I felt the comfort
Incandescent again

Let the beautiful sky stay
Forever
Let the flame stay
Forever
Incandescent

No comments: