Monday, March 24, 2008

Song of the Rain



When the cold winds blow
There leaves no one but me
Chilling spine
It knocks me out

When I awake
Under the shelter I am
Remember I can’t
How many days have I been unconscious

Where am I
I can’t tell
For miles and miles
Grass and concrete make their homes
But under I am a shelter
A shelter out of nowhere
Where am I

A victory over the sun
The leaden sky claims
Like charging bulls
It dominates
Soon I could see nothing
Nothing but somberness above

The first drop lands
Landing on my outstretched palms
But like a spike
It stings

Soon it comes
Pelting down
On the shelter
On the grass
On the concrete
Drop after drop they come

Together
A medley of tones
Singing rain
Composing its song
Under the auspices of the shelter
The grass
The concrete
Like a consummate musician
With great panache the rain sings

But listen to it carefully
To the song of the rain
Beneath the simplicity
It is one of sorrow
It is one of sadness
Is the rain telling me something
Is the rain singing me something

Perhaps
I am singing the song of the rain
It’s just that I aren’t aware of it
Perhaps
I am singing the song the rain
Feeling every drop of the rain

No comments: