Saturday, April 26, 2008

Walk on Water



Beneath the rolling clouds
Miles of mythical azure
Light swirling eddies of mist
Dancing upon it like graceful swans

Pulling my fingers through it
Could I feel the little drops of comfort
Moments so magical
Rare are they

Could I wish to walk on the water
Could I wish to dance on the water
Because so great it would be
Relishing every moment I would

A foot out
A hand out
To start my walk on the water I wish
Swathed in desire is my heart

But wouldn’t I sink
Piece of glass it is like
A song of fatality its fragility sings
Wouldn’t the water grab me beneath

But wouldn’t I float
A magical piece of carpet it is like
A tale of wonder it tells
Wouldn’t I hover on the water

Mind a no
Heavy am I for the water
That once I set foot on it
Submerged would I be

Heart a yes
That sometimes I never know
Light am I for the water
Only delight awaits

Wishing for the day
When my mind and heart would agree
But rarely do they
Why

Mind the logic
It tells a no
Walk on water
Impossible it is

Put a heart forward
It tells a yes
Walk on water
Burning with desire I am

Wishing for the day
When my mind and heart would agree
But rarely do they
At conflict always

Still standing on the jetty I am
Don’t know what to do
Sometimes it would be nice
To let the heart think

Putting the mind away
I would like to walk on water
I would like to dance on water
Wish me luck

No comments: