Saturday, February 23, 2008

First Dream



Too many days
Too many weeks
Have I been dreaming
Dreaming of paradise
But arrive it never did

And when I finally pulled away my curtains
All I saw was thick fog
Too thick
Strawberry I picked up from under the tree
The red gone
The smoothness gone
Can I no longer see my reflection
A strawberry
An ordinary strawberry

All it took were some words
Some serious words
That cleared the mind
And thrusted me back into reality
Before me it stood
And the reality still stands

Too many days
Too many weeks
Have I been dreaming
Dreaming of paradise
But arrive it never did

It was sweet while it lasted
But a dream
Remains a dream
Waking up from it was a pain
Pain it came
An early pain it was
But I would not have it any later

That day as I lay in bed
With a heart too broken
For a few minutes
The tears just flowed
Without control
Without limit
But sorrow it brought out
Because it was all a dream

Within the tears
Lay my first dream
Washing it away
Let the heart wash it away
Time to get over it
Because there are better things to accomplish
Things that are sweeter

Too stubborn is my mind
And I found them etched
Etched there within the mind
Is my first dream
And the image of you
Irremovable
Perhaps they are there to stay
And one day many years later
I will take them out again
Perhaps five years later

But by that time
I would be in my second dream
A second dream that I want to live
Tears to the keyboard
I will close this
And move on
Move on

No comments: