Thursday, July 10, 2008

No more vacation jobs, please


Let's do a count: 3 full days and 1 half day left. Soon, I would be unemployed again - but that's not necessarily a bad thing. For 1.5 months, I have been so short of personal time that I don't really feel like working anymore. Even if I want to work, I would most probably take up odd jobs, or jobs which have shorter hours - perhaps jobs which require me to work only 6 hours a day instead of a dreadful 9 or 9.5 hours.

I do have some plans for the 1 month before classes restart, though. Now, I realise that I have been eating and eating since I started working (FYI: When I feel bored, I eat even if I don't feel hungry. When I don't feel bored, I don't eat even when I feel hungry) and despite not having the courage to step on the weighing board, a little logic tells me that I must have put on some weight. AND so, for the next 1 month, I have decided to free up some time for building up fitness (which means I won't work as much or I won't work at all).

Of course, having more personal time isn't the only reason that is deterring me from working further. The thing is: The job agency that I patronise, Recuit Express, never fails to send Warehous Assistant job positions my way. Well, I did request for non-Warehouse Assistant job offers, but Recruit Express supposedly has none. I am really fed up - DAMN IT! I don't want to be a Warehouse Assistant! I don't want to work with people who have unbearable body odours, I don't want to sweep the faeces of lizards and rats, I don't want to pick up rust, dust and faeces-covered military equipment - because I feel that I don't deserve this kind of job.

You know, I kind of pity the 3rd year NUS student temp worker. Yeah, he does the same job as me too. But it shouldn't be this way.

The hopelessly unhygienic condition of the store isn't the only problem. Well, this job is boring - real boring. And meaningless. Period.

I want to spend my time doing something useful. And I would work only if there are odd jobs or short-hours jobs available. Warehouse Assistant? Screw that!

No comments: