Friday, October 10, 2008

101 Stupid Things

There are just some things in the world that are so stupid. But what's worse than that? You can't do anything about it! I shall share some of the stupid things that have the power to induce hair-tearing.

WAITING FOR THE BUS
Sometimes, the bus arrives quickly. But sometimes, the bus arrives late - very late. Just today, I missed a bus because the merciless morning traffic prevented me from crossing over to the bus stop. Guess what? The next bus only arrived a full 24 minutes later - more than enough to deprive me of my chance to have my breakfast before attending classes. Wait, didn't the news inform us that SBS Transit would cut down the frequencies of all bus services to less than 10 minutes (or 15; whatever because I can't recall the exact time) during morning peak hours? And that SBS Transit would be fined by the LTA if commuters waited more than that amount of time for a bus? Well, pile of crap.

I HATE WAITING. Waiting 24 minutes for a bus is just ridiculous. And speaking of waiting, why is SBS Transit's IRIS service only available to Singtel users? I am a M1 user and I too want to know when the next bus is going to arrive. If I had known that the next bus would be arriving in 24 minutes, I would have walked to another bus stop and taken alternative bus services. SHIT! Waiting 24 minutes for a bus is PLAIN RIDICULOUS!

WAITINNG FOR THE TRAIN
Alright, I should clarify myself now. I do have any problems with SMRT Trains, but I do have a problem with SBS Transit trains (yeah, those on the North-East Line). WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT 6 MINUTES FOR A TRAIN DURING MORNING PEAK HOURS!?! This is retarded. On a sidenote, I would like to point out that if you transfer at Outram Park or Dhoby Ghaut from the East-West Line/North-South Line to the North-East Line, you would have to walk a long distance from one platform to the other. What a waste of time! Or rather, what poor station designs!

ORCHARD ROAD JUNCTIONS
Orchard Road possesses possibly the worst road designs in the world. WHY IS IT THAT THERE IS NO TRAFFIC CROSSING FROM TANGS TO SHAW HOUSE? Instead, I have to take the maze-like tunnels to get to Shaw House from Tangs and what's more, I have to jostle with the tons of slowpokes inside! It's a moronic road design, for sure. And if I do not want to take the tunnel, I would have to walk all the way to Far East Plaza and cross to bridge to the other side. What nonsense!

PLACES TOO CONGESTED
The Orchard Road tunnel is one of those places where you just want to bulldoze through everyone and YES, I do that sometimes. In times when you are hurrying for time because you're almost late, the slowpokes inside definitely frustrate me. The many 'performers' inside the tunnel only serve to exacerbate human traffic on the already narrow walkway.

SMOKING IN THE LIFT
DO SOME PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND THE NO SMOKING SIGN IN THE LIFT!?! These inconsiderate assholes have proved to be an annoyance. And I am left to smell that stinky shit from the cigarettes.

That's it for now. If I encounter more stupid things, I will certainly post them here.

No comments: