Saturday, June 21, 2008

Vacation Job, June 2008 (III)


Wah! Over 500 bags to pack (some not pictured here)!

Viola! I have finally completed the 3rd week of my vacation job and can barely wait for my last week of work to start and end. Alright, so how's this week? I would say more of the same - which means more scanning of products and rushing to fulfill orders, but at the same time, there were some variations. Take, for instance, yesterday, when I needed to pack over 500 bags. You see, the company flew in 2 Indian nationals on Wednesday - specifically to spray some weird chemicals on approximately 1000 Jane Shilton leather bags so that their colours wouldn't fade. Well, you know, the spray's supposed to protect the bags. And after spraying on those bags, they needed to allow some time for the bags to absorb the chemicals and so, the bags were left hanging overnight. I had to unhook the bags from the shelves and pack them into plastics the next day. One of the permanent employees packed the bags that were sprayed on Wednesday on Thursday, but since he was absent yesterday (Friday), I had to take over his duties (meaning I must pack the bags that were sprayed on Thursday). Oh, well yeah, the task was nothing short of humdrum.

Was that it? Well, nope. On Wednesday, I had to untie some paper bags from melted rubber bands and pack them into new plastic bags. Alright, alright, that was all this week could offer - more of the same with some variations. I took a day off on Tuesday to submit my graduation project (which I did manage to accomplish over the last weekened) and to do some PSP price hunting. Not working felt quite good. However, I did have to clock some overtime hours on Wednesday and Thursday. By the way, my half-month pay (the company, or rather Recruit Express, the agent, issues pay every 2 weeks) still hasn't arrive after 5 working days. Omg, this just proves how inefficient and stingy these pay witholding jerks (yeah, you heard it right, Recruit Express is a pay witholding jerk) are.

Nothing interesting in this post? Well, because there's nothing interesting this week on the job. Period. And sorry folks for the lack of any mid-week update because I am currently engaged in Ninja Gaiden 2. Check back next week for the review of the last week of my June 2008 vacation job.

No comments: