Tuesday, July 29, 2008

New Meets New



A whole new semester of classes is starting in just 2 weeks' time and while it may extinguish any sign of insouciance, the prospect of getting to meet new people and learn new things has me enshrouded in a pall of excitement. Afterall, I have spent more than enough time enjoying myself during this vacation and things are gradually starting to get boring. I have earned my money doing vacation jobs, I have played my games, I have had more time to hang out with my friends - and I feel that it is time to get right back into education so that life can progress.

I must say that I have enjoyed myself tremendously during my diploma classes. Things turned out in an unexpected, but good way. While some classes were understandably mind-numbing, there were friends to turn to and prattle away during those instances. The time after classes was also spent island-hopping, as I was brought to places I had never gone before - much to my delight. With the new classes being relocated to the campus at Dhoby Ghaut, things could get more interesting - well, quite simply because many of the exciting places in Singapore are located in the campus' periphery.

Perhaps the most anticipated aspect of attending the new semester of classes is not the relocation of classes to the Dhoby Ghaut campus, but sure-chance of getting to meet new people. With an estimated class size of about 30 to 40 people, and with only a little less than 10 of those people being my classmates from my diploma classes, there is indeed quite a number of new people to meet.

New semester, new lecturers, new location, new people, new places to explore, but there's one thing that's still not new - I am still not new. Wait. You don't get what I mean? Alright, let's get straight to the point: I want a new hairstyle, a new hair color, and new clothes. Actually, I wanted a pair of sunglasses too, but the prices of those sunglasses are so atrocious that I screamed, "Forget it!"

Even with 3 aspects of the image to work on, my wallet's already looking out of sorts. The culprit is clothes. Nice clothes cost upwards of $40 - and no, I am not kidding. Oh my, if you are targeting for a below-$40 purchase, you might as well not buy any because all that you are able to get with $40 are those bland nonsense from Giordano and Baleno. Even offerings from OP, Bossini, and John Little feature uninspiring designs. If you are female, you'll have to ignore this because good female garments are way above the price I just quoted. Anyways, you may think that I am a miser - but hey, I am not spending all my money earned from my vacation jobs in one fell swoop.

Before I continue, I'd like to recommend you to look out for Natural Project brand of garments for men - they are nice, at least in my opinion. Okay, back to the point. What I am looking at are clothes from Robinsons, Levi's, Marks and Spencer blah blah blah - you know, those stores which have more upscale clothes for sale. Oh my, it's REALLY not going to be easy for my wallet. BUT I am definitely going to get at least one piece of shirt - well, the kind of shirt is anyone's guess.

So after clothes have been purchased, I'm heading to the saloon. NO MORE budget barber haircuts - they are the least creative people and their haircuts are just plain bad. And when I am at it, why not attempt a little hair dye for the first time? I know natural black hair's going to outgrow the dyed portions eventually - so you are essentially looking at a temporary effect, but hey, I want to try dyed hair for a change!

And so here, I will end. I want almost everything to be NEW. New this, new that, so I want myself to be new. Now, I realise that's the phrase's considerably odd.

Alright, let's cut the crap. When I say that I am interested in meeting new people, part of what I mean is this: There is an outside chance of meeting new (cute) girls in the new semester of classes and I am happy. And SO, I want myself to be new, because remaining the same, remaining the old me just ain't enough. Well, let's get the renovation started!

OH MY! WTH am I staring at! National slavery ... ... er service after advanced diploma ends? CRAP! And that's in June 2009! It can't get any badder.

No comments: