Saturday, August 9, 2008

Recalling the Holidays


There's just 1 week left to the new semester of classes and I can barely wait! Now, how many time have I said that? There are only a couple of things that I did during this holidays, but let's recount them anyway.

Work
I didn't start working right after my holiday began but instead, waited 2 weeks before I went to the recruitment agency. If you can recall from my previous posts, my first position was at a company that imports and exports products from brands like Picard, Shilton and FX Creations. The job was extremely boring. And when I finally completed my contract, I was glad. But had no idea that my next job would be worse. The proceeding job landed me in SAF Sungei Gedong camp, but I was working for ST (Singapore Technologies) rather than Mindef. This job WAS a nightmare. It was not tough or anything - just that there was virtually nothing to do on the job. I remembered the days where I would ensconce myself in the armchair and stare at clock until I was dismissed. Months of bullshit for a few hundred dollars that aren't even enough for me.

Walking the Streets
When I say walking the streets, I don't mean it in a literal way. What this means is hanging out with friends or just window shopping (serious shopping at times). I engaged in quite a number of sports activities throughout the holidays, but unfortunately, there were limited to either cycling or swimming. They aren't the most exciting sports, but I had nothing better to do, hadn't I? It didn't seem so bad as big portions of the time was spent chatting with friends while engaged in the activities at the same time. Moreover, there were always post-activities window shopping, so all's good.

Walking the Streets - Alone
When the time calls for serious shopping, I usually do it alone. But that happened only twice during this holidays. I shopped for and bought my PSP alone and just this week, I shopped for new clothes as well.

Watching Movies
Yeah, the cinema is the best place to fall back on if all else fails. Singapore is SO SO DAMN SMALL, that you NEED the cinemas here. I have caught a couple of films in the cinemas, including The Incredible Hulk, The Dark Knight, Money No Enough 2, The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor and The Love Guru. I still want to catch Mad About English and Journey to the Center of the Earth before classes retsart, though.

Watching Videos and Staring Into Space at Home (Post-work)
If I am lucky, there would be some videos to watch. But more often than not, I found myself staring into space. AW! IT SUCKS! Of course, all these only occured after I stopped working. I use to think that working would help me kill time, but after experiencing the nightmare that was working, I'd say I prefer slacking at home to working, though the former actually wastes quite a lot of time.

Playing Games
I spent a portion of this holidays playing some games. But unfortunately, the list of good games to play ran out before school restarts on August 18 - so I AM LEFT WITH NOTHING TO PLAY NOW! Nah, still no good games to play. It seems I won't be playing any game anytime soon on my Xbox 360.

Writing
I spend about 3 hours a day writing game and movie reviews and all these articles ultimately end up on my other blog (Powerplay Blog). Okay, I lied. Not every day, but days when I didn't go out. I feel a huge sense of satisfication and accomplishment whenever I post an article because ... ... I just love writing. And being able to share my opinions with other like-minded people is my best reward.

That's it, folks. Check back soon for my next post. Sorry about this rushed post because I would like to try my new DS game. Now, will you please excuse me.

No comments: