Thursday, October 2, 2008

Busy Weeks



Whoa, it has been a little more than 2 weeks since the last post. Well, suffice to say that I have been really busy with my assignments - but alas, all the assignments have been handed in! And now, I have a little more than 1 month till the semester 1 examinations so I shall relax and enjoy while I can.

The past few days haven't been that nice to me what with assignment questions that were unexpectedly difficult. For the first time, I found myself procrastinating till a day before I was supposed to hand in the assignments - and as I typed on my keyboard, I could really feel the pressure - how horrible that was!

For the Public Relations module, the question was: Why I Have What It Takes to Have a Successful Career in PR. OH COME ON! I really don't give a damn about PR - because I hate it! PR is just SO complicated - it involves advertising, it involves marketing and what not - and I had and have a hard time figuring out WTH PR really IS! So imagine my horror when I have to write an essay with regards to the aforementioned. THIS IS BULLSHIT! I did manage to write some credible stuffs out afterall so it was quite a relief. BUT I really have no idea whether my essay is going to net me the marks I want or not. Let's just keep my fingers crossed.

For the Journalism Skills module, there were 5 questions to choose from - and all questions were laced with political materials save for question 2. OMG, I am I never going to survive this, I thought. I suck at politics writing - not because I can't write - but because I don't give a damn about politics as well and when presented with such questions, I didn't really have any idea on what to write - or even how to start, for that matter. So yeah, I did question 2, and I thought I did pretty good. Well, that was a close shave.

Assignments kept me busy. Yes, they did, but some great things also happened during my hiatus from this blog - things that kept me 'busy'. Well, busy in a good way because class was turning out to be interesting afterall (and when I say that, I don't mean the lecturers, but the new students). Open up some of the new students did and I realised that some of them are quite friendly. Not only are some of these new students friendly, but also easy to talk to because they just seem to 'click' so well with my friends and I.

At the same time, there was also a surprising turn of events that (while surprising) I TOTALLY did not see coming. You know what? I HAVE ACTUALLY STARTED TO LOVE GOING TO SCHOOL AGAIN!

No comments: