Wednesday, December 3, 2008

In 7 Weeks' Time

Living is just like flipping a book. There comes a time when you are left with only a few pages to read and after the last page, there're only these 2 words: The End. And you know that another phase of your life has ended - memories of it sealed up in a time capsule and suspended in the realms of your mind forever - the memories it contains often recalled from time to time.

It's the time again where another time capsule is about to be sealed forever. And on that time capsule reads: MDIS. It wasn't too long ago that I began life in MDIS - in November 2007, to be exact. A mere 1 year and 3 months later, it is ending. Some beautiful memories it brought me, but it's all going to be over in 7 weeks from the time of this post.

It should have been over now, or rather, I would prefer it to end now. There doesn't seem to be any more objectives for me to fulfil in this phase of my life. I am attending classes now only to complete the 3 remaining modules and exams - really, there isn't anything more to fulfill. There aren't any more new friends to make nor is there anything to prove anymore. It's a fact of nature: If I am not conversing to the other people I see in the class now, I probably won't be conversing with them during the last 7 weeks. These are the people who I won't be seeing again forever after the 7 weeks are up. But for the people whom I have made friends with, I am glad to say that there are a few good close ones whom I hope to keep in contact with in the future. Surprisingly, there are a few more people whom I would still like to see after MDIS has ended though I aren't as close to them.

There's isn't any more I could prove here in MDIS. I came here to achieve something in life - to achieve something I have not tasted before prior: Academic results. Now that I have achieved that, are there any more objectives to fulfill? I came in thinking that I will just do as good a job as I can and ignore every other aspect of my life - well, just grab the results and go off. But I got more than I asked for - in a good way, of course.

If you have this particular impression of me now, you probably won't change the way you think of me in the last 7 weeks. I know I made a bad impression of myself when I first entered MDIS (perhaps carried over from my negative past), but I have seeked to constantly improve myself ever since and I am glad to say that people's impression of me have changed drastically over the months. If you still have a bad impression of me (for whatever reason), I don't think there's anything to make you change your mind during these 7 weeks. And if you have currently got a good impression of me, then I am happy. That being said, impressions have already been established in this phase of my life. Staying longer in the MDIS phase wouldn't change anything - there's no objective.

Truth be told, these 7 weeks are really just a waiting game. After such a fantastic period in MDIS, I feel that it's really time to move on - to meet new people, people who would appear in my next phase of life and to make new friends. It's time to move on to establish impressions with another new group of people. Being a person who constantly seeks achievements and objectives in life, isn't it time to move on so that there shall be new achievements and objectives to seek?

7 weeks wouldn't change anything. I could be wrong for life is incredibly unpredictable and full of surprises at every corner. I have achieved a lot within this year and phase, both primary objectives and bonus ones (the ones which I never thought would happen, but they did happen). I don't expect anything within these 7 weeks, but it's never wrong to hope for one last bonus thing to happen, right? One last bonus thing that I can take with me to my next phase.

Other than that, it's ripe for this phase to end now - it's ripe for MDIS to end and I will end it happily. 7 weeks aren't very long, you know? What could happen?

No comments: